Exploration Kits For Families
- Harpswell Heritage Land Trust
- Whole Family
Harpswell Heritage Land Trust is offering exploration kits to give families the tools, ideas and inspiration to create lasting outdoor memories!
We are deeply committed to making these kits accessible to all families and are offering them on a sliding scale. You can choose to pay nothing, cover our materials costs or pay extra to help cover another family’s kit. Please don’t hesitate to reserve a kit, even if it’s not within your budget this summer.
The kits will include high-quality exploration tools made to last, as well as activity ideas and supplies. See below for more about the kits, which Harpswell Heritage Land Trust has created from scratch. They are designed for preschool and elementary-age children. Some activities can be done independently, but most are more fun with company from parents or siblings.
We are considering offering separate exploration kits for adults (more information to come). That said, these kits are not reserved for families. No matter your age or the age of your children, if you think the materials below sound like fun, feel free to reserve one or more for yourself.
To enrich your experience, we encourage you to get the exploration basics kit and one or more add-ons. Because we can’t be sure about availability, we reserve the right to substitute tools and materials of similar value.
And you can always access our 50 outdoor activity ideas on our website for free.
Here’s how it works:
- Reserve a kit by clicking here. You do not need to pay at this time. The deadline for reserving kits is July 1. (If you miss the July 1 deadline, we may offer another order deadline later in the summer. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In order to avoid holding an inventory of unwanted equipment, we will order tools and materials after we compile all the orders. This means that kits won’t be available for pick up until at least the middle of July.
- We will let you know when your kits are ready and will send you a link to pay online.
- You can choose to pick up your kits from the front deck at the Harpswell Heritage Land Trust office (153 Harpswell Neck Road, Harpswell) or we can mail them to you. We will ask you to cover the cost of shipping.